Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Amigurumi Cupcake

So, I've recently finished my first amigurumi piece. I decided to do something incredibly simple. Even though it came out decent, I didn't like it very much, so I gave it to my dog as a play toy, which he LOVES lol. I've been crocheting for a mere 2 weeks now. To put it simple, I have made 3 hats so far and wanted to try something completely different. For those who do not know what amigurumi is, it is the Japanese art of knitting or crocheting small stuffed animals or anthropomorphic creatures. The more basic meaning, "knitted stuffed toy", or crocheted rounds with single crochets. I found the pattern, located here, which is very simple to follow and even includes step by step pictures. If you are tired of knitting or crocheting hats, scarves and other repetitive pieces, I suggest that you try amigurumi. It's very fun and the possibilities are practically endless.

I also crocheted my first panda hat, which turned out ridiculously too big. I was thinking of maybe adding eyes and a mouth to it. Who knows... but this is what it looks like. Pardon my looks, but it was nearly 4am. Anyway,
thanks for reading!

Until the next project,

Kristina.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Craft Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory